Head Start and Early Head Start are federally funded programs. For every dollar provided by the government, Absaroka, Inc. must raise In-Kind. The portion of the grant raised locally is called In-Kind and demonstrates that parents and community members are supportive of the program.
Head Start offers many opportunities to become involved and can benefit from your assistance. In-Kind can be raised through the donation of:
- Volunteer time in the classroom or center, assisting with meal preparations or clerical duties, helping put together the center newsletter
- Volunteer time spent serving on the Absaroka, Inc. Board of Directors or Policy Council
- Time spent working on education goals
- Participation in Center activities
- Time spent meeting Head Start Performance Standards such as physical and dental exams
- Volunteer time helping supervise children during field trips and outdoor time
- Assist with repairs and upkeep to the center
- Donating supplies that can be used in the program
All goods and/or services that directly benefit Head Start or Early Head Start children, their families, and programs can be counted as In-Kind.
For a contribution to be considered allowable, it must be for the same type of items or services that Absaroka would be allowed to purchase using federal funds. In-Kind contributions can only be accepted from a person who is 16 years of age or older.
For more information on how you can get involved, please contact the Center Supervisor/Home Visitor in your area!